Shocks / Spring Supports / Towing

From: Michael Quigley (michael9@michael9.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 14:52:04 EDT

Bill Pitz said:
> I have had the RS9000X shocks on my truck since June and I've been
> very happy with them. I can keep them soft for everyday driving and
> then stiffen them up when I need to tow my trailer.

Howdy... Me again...

My trip this past weekend went smoothly and without incident. I've definitely
noticed that the back end of my Dak squats down when the new trailer is
attached. The squat causes the trailer to point down toward the ball--it's not
level.

I'm thinking I'm going to need some kind of additional load carrying supports
(or something) to offset the tongue weight of this new trailer when towing.

What's the best practice for this kind of thing? What are the pros and cons of
various products? Should I consider air supports? Different shocks? Roadmaster
"Active Suspension"?

Thanks in advance...

Michael
02 4.7L 4x4 QC