Re: Please help!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 19:49:07 EDT

Hey, Mike

<snip> Are the head bolts on a 360 torque to yield or are
 they reusable? I've only got 20,000 on mine so can I
reuse them when I put my heads back on? <snip>

Your best bet is to go for new ones. If the bolts were torqued per spec,
then the threads have been
"stretched." You will increase the risk of having one break off in the block
due to fatigue. Steel has an elastic limit & once it's gone past that limit,
the integrity of the material is compromised...
I don't know what your "conflicting stories" are, but any good
motorhead/machinst will tell you to trash the old ones...
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed