Weight Distributing Hitches.

From: Michael Quigley (michael9@michael9.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 21:33:59 EDT

Bill Pitz said:
> What I didn't think of, but Jon did, is a weight distributing setup.
> That will definitely help you get some of that weight off of the rear
> of your truck, which is generally better for the truck all around.

>From the little bit of net research I've done since I got Jon's advice, it
does sound like a weight distributing setup is a good way to go. I've also
written to the folks who designed and built my trailer for their input on
these systems. If they don't see a reason not to, this sounds like the way
I'll likely proceed.

Are there any downsides to these systems? Are they a pain to set up each time
I'd want to pull the boat?

My tongue weight may be even more than 600 pounds. The trailer was built for
an assumed center of gravity for the boat it's carrying. It's also dual
axle--so moving the boat around a little bit doesn't make much difference in
the tongue weight trim.

Michael
02 4.7L 4x4 QC