Re: Factory Service Manual

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 17:05:12 EDT

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:18:11 -0400, pbatson68@yahoo.com ("VRMan")
wrote:

>Ok, I got it yesterday. Had a chance to look it over today. They are
>seperate pdf files for the different areas of the Dak. 45 files coming in at
>about 100MB total. There is no protection on them, so you can alter them at
>will. Printing will be no problem.
>Looks good so far. Nice and clear. As with most FSM's I've seen before, they
>are lean on pictures and diagrams. <shrug>

Sounds good... I wonder if it's really the exact same content as the
printed FSM...

>They have 5 different transmissions and 2 different transfer cases listed.
>How can you tell which one is actually on your truck?

Usually a sticker inside your glovebox. You can also call your
dealer's parts or service department with your VIN and ask them to fax
you the sheet with all of the build specs for your truck. I did this
a few years ago when my insurance company tried to tell me that my
truck didn't have anti-lock brakes, and it's pretty handy to have all
of the information from the sheet.

-Bill