Re: Factory Service Manual

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 05:52:32 EDT

<snip> They have 5 different transmissions and 2 different transfer cases
listed.
<How can you tell which one is actually on your truck?

<Phil Batson

Morning Phil,
      I just got in and I'm going thru all my DML mail and I saw this. I
don't know which year you got the FSM for, (I didn't read it all that
closely). In my FSM if you read thru the introductory chapters, you find
something that says VIN codes or something like that. Anyway, for my truck,
the FSM says there is a plate under the passengers seat and carpet with all
that pertinent data on it, like exactly which transmission, transfer case,
and other assorted goodies.
If someone else has already answered this for you, I'll go back to sleep
now.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE