Even More Viper Fan Questions...

From: Chryguy (bert59000@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 19:07:38 EDT

Hi Everybody,

  Off hand does anybody know the amp draw on the Viper
fan?

  Could someone share how to wire this baby in?

  What relay do you use? Where do you get the relay?

  Whose thermostat do you use to turn-on the relay,and
where do you guys get it?

  Does anybody have pictures of their installation?

  James mentioned that his was wired as a two
speed...how did you do that James?
  And how did you wire it so that it comes on with air
conditioning?

  I am in dire need of a serious cooling fan,it has
been in the 90's in IL the last few days,and my truck
can't hang in this weather.

  The temp gauge has been over 220 all the time,and as
high as 250-60 in traffic...
  Everytime I stopped and shut-off the truck yesterday
the radiator cap was hooting and it was puking coolant
out of the overflow bottle.
  After a few stops the truck couldn't cool itself
properly anymore because of the reduced coolant
level,and then on the way home,while moving at a
decent pace(temp gauge near pegged),the computer shut
down the air conditioning for about a minute or so.

  The radiator looks good,I don't see any build-up in
it,and I can't find anyone who knows where I can find
the towing/heavy duty radiator for my truck.
  Speaking of which,does anybody know how much
bigger(capacity-wise) that radiator is(Bernd?)?

  I don't have a choice here,I've got to do something
now,and the loss of drag and gain of HP will just be a
welcome plus to the whole deal.

                    Thanks in advance,
                         Chryguy