Re: Viper fan/ power drain

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 12:33:46 EDT

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 02:25 PM, Mallett, Donald B wrote:

> Heck, that Viper fan sucks big time! It just sucks that air in like
> nothing
> else out there! Keeps her cool in 105+ heat. The only down side is
> that when
> its on and lights are on there is a voltage drop. Can see it in the
> OEM volt
> gauge. I'll hook up my digital VOM one day soon and see what's going
> on for
> real. I have a 136 amp alt, but wish it was bigger!

I know one of these days I'll really be wishing I had a larger option.
as far as I know we only have the option of a 90 or a 136, though.
anyone know of options for a larger alt that doesn't cost an arm and a
leg or a means of running dual alts on a 318?

a Viper fan and heavy-duty off road lights will be way too much for a
136, so if I'm smart I'll worry about the alt first.

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>