Re: OT: Internet Worms/Viruses (was Re: Thank you! (attn. Bernd))

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 12:17:47 EDT

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:46:37 -0400, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> I have been extremely happy with Eudora. I've been using it
>for several years and its one of the few programs which I have
>liked enough to actually go ahead and purchase it to get the full
>version. (Mostly because of its filtering ability.) Nowadays though,
>its free if you don't mind having a tiny advertisement in the
>corner of the screen. (You can still purchase it to get the
>ad-free version if you really hate ads. Its really tastefully
>done though and I don't even notice the ad there anymore.)

I agree. Eudora is a great piece of software. I've been using it for
a long time (~1994) and have yet to be disappointed. I'm still
somewhat partial to the old 3.x version since it was much simpler.
(Although I did spend about 15 minutes and get version 5.x looking
just like the old versions... fixed width font, no extra toolbars,
etc.)

> I have to admit though that I actually read most of my e-mail
>using Pine through an SSH shell. :-) I'm sitting at a Linux
>command prompt all day so its easier to read it right there
>than it is to download it. One less reason to reach for the
>mouse. ;-)

Aww come on Jon, you need to get with the program! mutt rules! I
started out with Pine, eventually graduated to elm, and then moved
over to mutt a few years ago. I haven't found anything I need that it
can't do. Tons of things to customize. (www.mutt.org) That's where
I read most of my mail... just use Eudora to check the half dozen
other useless mailboxes I have :)

-Bill