Buying Used Dakotas

From: Mike Goodell (mikgoo@charter.net)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 16:16:46 EDT

I stopped and looked at a 98 sport clubcab,
V6 auto 4x4. I don't know the mileage due to the
stealer being closed and not being able to see
the odometer. overall it looks real good, no obvious
body repairs under carriage looked good, no offroad damage
visible, (no scrapes or smashes evident).

As this might be my first Dak, is there anything I should
look for or avoid? I previously owned a 96 Ram 15002wd
followed by an 01 Ram 1500 4x4, both had the 5.2 and 5 speed
so I am somewhat familiar with Dodge products but not the V6
or the auto box.
So tell me should I look closer or run away? My Land Rover
Discovery has been fun, but I miss having a truck, and I would
prefer a Dodge. I don't need a full size anymore hence
looking for a Dak.

Thanks,

--
Mike Goodell