Re: Buying Used Dakotas

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2003 - 19:49:04 EDT

The 3.9 V6 is similar in construction to the 5.2 V8 (Dak and Ram). If
you know your way around the 5.2, you'll be on familiar teritory with
the 3.9.

As for 5.2 vs. 3.9, power is obvious. If your hard on the go pedal the
milage difference will be negligible. But if you drive consertivily
you'll probably see 17 in the 3.9 vs. 14 in the 5.2.

If you've got the extra cash, check around for a similar 2000+ dakota in
the 4.7L V8. They're old enough now to have the price come down.
You'll pretty much get the milage of the 3.9 with the power+ of the 5.2.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota