Quad Cab mileage

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 19:08:12 EDT

>What kind of MPG are people getting with a Dak Quad Cab 4x4
>with the 4.7L and the 5 speed auto tranny? My parents are
>looking at getting one and I want to pass on some MPG
>figures.

I have a 2WD, but I'll post numbers anyway...
  I get 15-16 mpg consistently going to work and back which is 20 miles
on the highway and 5 miles in city driving. Highway driving I get
17-19 doing 70 mph+ with the a/c on. I just got back from a 1200 miles
trip up and down the east coast. My wife got the overhead meter over 20
mpg staying under 70 mph. My record keeping shows my overhead computer
is accurate to plus or minus 1/2 mpg.
Patrick
ps Got the 3.92 rear. A lower numerical rear gear number should net
you better fuel economy.