RE: DML:Sep 27th...6th Annual MoPars at the Valley

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 05:30:26 EDT

Hey guys, get some good information here..
http://www.nhra.com/basics/index.html

If you ever floor the go pedal from a dead stop on the street then a day at
the drag strip isn't going to be any harder on your truck. Just avoid the
water in the burn-out area and there won't be any undue stress on your
drivetrain. A Mopar event is the perfect time to get familiar with going
down a track as there are usually a lot of first timers there.

Don't worry about being slow or having a "work" truck. You'll see all sorts
of things. Last week at my track there was a 70's something ford pickup,
4-door, diesel, rather dirty and beat up, running almost 23 seconds in the
quarter mile. Can you say sloooooow! He even won a couple rounds and was
doing just fine, having a ball..... well, right up until he had to race me.
:-) That's the beauty of the handicap system of bracket racing. Anything
can compete and be competitive.

Don't worry about being embarrassed. Everyone expects novices to make some
mistakes and they are quickly forgotten. Just observe what others are doing
before getting on the track and you'll have a leg up on most of them. :-)

RayB