Re: Couple things, this and that

From: Chryguy (bert59000@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 02:06:25 EDT

Mike,

  The lower BJ's also have a little tack weld on'em
that you can easily grind off...the pressing out isn't
that hard,you can use a BIG vise and some big 3/4
drive sockets in a pinch.

  I find chuckin'the new BJ's in the freezer for a
while,and lightly heating the control arm helps those
baby's slip right in.

  As for the bushings,I have experienced both the
"easy out,easy in" type bushings,and "The Bushings
>From HELL" type bushings...
  If I were you,I wouldn't count on hand tools in the
parking lot...
  Not saying it can't be done,just saying if you get
the BFH type,you might end up having to take the
control arms in somewhere and have the bushings
pressed out/in.

                    Good luck,
                      Chryguy

--- Michael Maskalans <mike-lists@tepidcola.com>