Re: My Dakota stalls out - Any help?

From: will (k_kodiak2@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 14:51:44 EDT

Hello,

If your truck is still acting up, you might want to
check your coil and sensor wire from the coil to the
ASD (auto shutdown relay). I had a similar problem as
you. What I found was that the sensor wire from the
coil to the relay was touching the exhaust manifold.
THe heat from the manifold prevented the coil signal
from reaching the asd, which in turn caused the asd to
activate and shutdown fuel relay. All I had to do was
re-route the coil sensor wire away from the manifold
and that did the trick. I also had a weak coil (which
a snap-on mt2500 didn't detect properly), so I
replaced the coil. No problems since. Hope this helps.

FYI...this took me about a week to figure out. I used
the wiring schematics to figure out the various
connections and field manual to help with operation of
relays.

Will