My Dakota stalls out - Any help?

From: Albert (albert@nospam-winternet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 13:01:04 EDT

Hello All,

I have a 94 3.9 Club Cab and it stalled out on me last week.

I took the vehicle home and found that I had no fuel manifold
pressure.

After a day or so I tried to start it again and it still would not,
start and the manifold pressure was still nil.

I removed the tank, tested the pump, fixed my gas guage
while I was in there, checked the wiring, tightened the
electrical pins into the pump assembly, and put it back together.
It started and ran.

I drove it to work for a few days, 40 miles round trip, and
I thought the problem was gone.

Last night I took it out and it stalled about a block from home
This morning I went back up and managed to drive it back to my
driveway.

Again the fuel manifold pressure was not present (press the
schraeder valve and no spurt of gas came out).

The check engine codes were 12 and 55 (power removed from
computer and end code).

I swapped the firewall relays and this did not correct the problem.

If I hot wire the fuel pump on from the relay socket to the battery
I get fuel pressure to the manifold.

It starts and runs from 2 to 10 minutes and then I have to leave it alone
for a while. Then it will start for another 2 to 10 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much in advance - Al