Re: Update: 4.7L Fan mod done

From: Bill Knight (wknight40@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 17:26:06 EDT

I've done the same on my 2k Durango with the 5.9L. Did it at the beginning
of summer because the vicious(sp) clutch appeared to be bad. Even though
this Savannah summer has been cool compared to last year it has not
overheated yet. Just using the stock electric fan right now.

2k Durango SLT 5.9L
K&N Drop in
180 stat
Modified intake for mild ram air effect

""Woodruff, Jason P"" <jason.p.woodruff@BOEING.COM> wrote in message

> It's been over a week now. No over heating up hill in the heat, no over
heating in traffic, the 210 trigger on the E-fan tripped when I left the car
idleing at the bank, but immediately the temp went to 180.
> At the race on Sunday, the car felt strong, but that could just be the
day's feel. But I did notice when I hit the rev limiter the cut off and on
sequence seemed much quicker. In the past the rev limiter when zipppp,
bang...pause pause pause, then zipppp. Sunday it was more like zipppp,
bang, zip, bang, zip bang. More like an import's rev limiter. Handy not to
have such a harsh cut off.
> The best part was the E-fan control I had. Turn it off for the race and
on when I got in line. With the E-fan on the temp dropped MUCH quicker than
the mechanical fan ever did. From 220 to 180 in about 1/3 the time before
with the mechanical fan.
> I know some of the 4.7 guys have already done this. Does any one have a
dyno # comparison? I've yet to get a base line on my truck, probably wait
until November.