Re: Re: Update: 4.7L Fan mod done

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 21:32:15 EDT

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:27:39 -0400, wknight40@comcast.net ("Bill
Knight") wrote:

>I've done the same on my 2k Durango with the 5.9L. Did it at the beginning
>of summer because the vicious(sp) clutch appeared to be bad. Even though
>this Savannah summer has been cool compared to last year it has not
>overheated yet. Just using the stock electric fan right now.

I'd still like to find out if there's a way to change the trigger
value from the default of 210 degrees to something lower. I'd rather
have the fan burn out in a few years from being on more often than
have other heat related problems down the road.

Turning on the A/C (which kicks the electric fan on) cools things off
faster, even when just sitting in traffic.

I suppose I could rig a switch, but that'd be kind of a pain since I
don't want to lose the functionality of any of my existing switches
(like the fog lamp switch).

-Bill