Re: O/T, non Dak related

From: Kenneth Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 15:22:12 EDT

Hey Jay

I think that is similar to the 96 Ford Contour my brother is driving.
I've noticed that when the AC compressor kicks in his idle jumps up just
before the fan kicks in. I'm assuming to compensate for the drag caused
by the compressor. I"m kinda suprised the idle drops as much as it does
with thte read defroster but it is probably putting a lot of drag on the
battery and alternator.

I don't know, it could be a sign of a weak battery too.