RE: Re: ...just plain wrong

From: UncleDuke (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 10:09:07 EDT

> That pic is disgusting. I hate it. Yes, cutlass is spelled wrong.
> But...thats not a typical "chebby" thing (whatever the heck that
> means...).
> I have seen quite a few mopar people do this too. Were going to put Ram
> Heads on the back of the Dakota soon...but wow...yall wont make
> fun of that,

Hey I had a Ram head on the back of my Neon, and a factory installed one
right here http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/~tmfu/Neon/Aug29$30.JPG . Actually
on any new Dodge you'll find a rams head somehwere
http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/~tmfu/Neon/neon1112012.jpg . The Ramshead is
the Dodge logo. Just like the plane silhouette is the Oldsmobile logo.

> Personally, its crap like this where yall think you are beter
> than everyone else that my GF and my don't really care for this newslist
anymore. Yall
> whine and complain about other cars/trucks, but worship yours.
> Every once in a while, there are extremely nice people here, that we could
not
> do without.

You will pretty much find the same conversations on any list whether it's a
Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth forum or GM, or Ford, or
Honda/Toyota/Kia/Mitsubishi/Subbie. You'll see my car/truck/boat/bike is
better than [insert the competition here]. As an example when the SRT-4 Neon
came out all you saw on the Subbie lists was the panning the Neon as new
Detroit crap that'll probably fall apart and couldn't get out of it's own
way... Until.. a modded WRX tried to take a box stock SRT on and promptly
got it's ass handed to it(and the event was videotaped). Then the whole tune
of that forum changed quite quickly. But in all it is common occurrence on
any list. Everybody thinks their whatever is better than someone else's.
It's human nature. Mostly all in fun. Think that's bad, all I hear most of
the time at the track is "It's only a Neon".. until all "they" see is my
taillights going through the traps.
http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/~tmfu/E-Town_Timeslips.jpg

> Im sorry for the rant...and I know yall are joking...but that
> hurts guys. I don't make fun of some of the stuff yall do here...why make
fun
> of the car? Make fun of the idiot that did something like that. He should
be shot.

Don't worry about it, we've all done some boneheaded things sometime. We're
all human. Before you ask why is a Neon owner doing on a Dakota list.. Well
I used to own a Dakota
http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/~tmfu/Dakota/greg's.htm , though I don't own
one now, I will be rejoining the fold once the Neon is paid off, and I'll
need something to tow the full race Neon... :-)

Greg
2K1 Dodge Neon ES
Rahway, NJ
http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/