Re: RE: Re: ...just plain wrong

From: garett (hiltigarett@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 13:18:46 EDT

> You will pretty much find the same conversations on any list whether it's
> Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth forum or GM, or Ford, or
> Honda/Toyota/Kia/Mitsubishi/Subbie. You'll see my car/truck/boat/bike is
> better than [insert the competition here]. As an example when the SRT-4
Neon
> came out all you saw on the Subbie lists was the panning the Neon as new
> Detroit crap that'll probably fall apart and couldn't get out of it's own
> way... Until.. a modded WRX tried to take a box stock SRT on and promptly
> got it's ass handed to it(and the event was videotaped). Then the whole
tune
> of that forum changed quite quickly. But in all it is common occurrence on
> any list. Everybody thinks their whatever is better than someone else's.
> It's human nature. Mostly all in fun. Think that's bad, all I hear most of
> the time at the track is "It's only a Neon".. until all "they" see is my
> taillights going through the traps.
> http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org/~tmfu/E-Town_Timeslips.jpg

the funny thing is that the neon is more mitsubishi then it is mopar so all
those import fanatics(especially mitsu fants) are making fun of the very
technology that they rave about. i imagine that the only thing that came
from detroit was the marketing concept. as for the trash talk i like it.
its just friendly competition.

> > Im sorry for the rant...and I know yall are joking...but that
> > hurts guys. I don't make fun of some of the stuff yall do here...why
make
> fun
> > of the car? Make fun of the idiot that did something like that. He
should
> be shot.

i know that you are not the one that said this but i still want to comment
on it :) i think that making fun of someones car or what they did with it
is a little bit nicer than saying that the actual person should be shot.
just my opinion though ;)