Re: New Law in Texas

From: stebel@web.de
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 09:58:25 EDT

In the EU you have to have two license plates (front/rear).
And we have the same law, nothing is allowed, what can hide the license plate.
Additional there is on the right side a blue stripe where the character of your country is (Germany = Deutschland => D).
A few years ago we have to have additiona an oval sticker where the D is on when we are driving into another country.
I thought yust the german/european laws are stupid.

Have fun
Stefan

www.dodgetruck.com/stebel

dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net schrieb am 10.09.03 14:59:23:

> Valentin Garcia wrote:
>

> > Sorry, need to rant a bit, There is a new law in Texas that took effect
> > on the 1st of September. Not only do I think this is stupid, but it
> > makes my one and only mod illegal. What is this new law, well let me
> > tell you.. License Plate Frames! Basically, your license plate can not
> > be obstucted in any way. I got my plate frame at AutoZone, it's chrome
> > with the Rams head at the bottom corners. You can clearly read my plate
> > numbers, but the frame covers the top part which says "TEXAS" and the
> > bottom part which says "THE LONE STAR STATE". According to state law the
> > is illegal. No biggie, but I'm losing at least 15 horses at the rear
> > wheels ;-)
> >
> > Maybe I'll finally get a "DMl" decal for my rear window, that should
> > more than double my HP loss, as long as it matches the silver trim ;-)
> >
> > Anyway, here's a link:
> >
> > http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/90903_local_plates.html
>
> I'm sure that ticketing people for this is far more important than
> preventing real crimes. Front plates are required in NY too, but I
> didn't get nailed for not havnig mine on when I got pulled over 3 years
> ago (though he did write the speeding ticket for more than I was really
> going).
>
> On the up side, now you don't have to worry about dealers putting their
> logo frame on your new vehicle (I just took mine off last weekend). But
> I'm sure they'll find a more annoying way to advertise, such as a nice,
> nearly impossible to remove, sticker on your tailgate.
>
> --
> -andy
>
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us
> "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine"
> -Bob Tom

38xTestsieger - WEB.DE FreeMail - Deutschlands beste E-Mail
macht E-Mail schreiben zum Erlebnis! http://f.web.de/?mc=021127