Re: RE: Another Power Steering Question

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 17:35:14 EDT

Ok, I'll bite.
Will the ATF+4 tranny fluid also work in a 1997 Dak's power steering
reservoir? What's wrong with using the Mopar power steering fluid (clear
thin liquid) in mine since it's almost 7 years old? I just finished using
the "Bernd turkey baster method" (slick) to suck the old P/S fluid out and
replaced it with the Mopar P/S fluid, I know I'm anal :-) Could I or
should I replace it with the ATF+4 and if so will all of the existing old
fluid have to be drained out of the reservoir and lines etc. before adding
the ATF+4? Are they compatible?

Also what is the proper fluid to use in the clutch reservoir of a 5 spd Dak?

TIA for any advice here guys & gals.
Jay