Re: Bought a New Truck

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 22:25:43 EDT

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 10:03 AM, BARRY OLIVER wrote:

> SEcond, I don't care where you work, or how much
> you want to work on the truck yourself, BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. I
> popped for the 4 year, 100K extention on mine and it has payed for
> itself three times over.

In March of 2000, I would have been out of warranty due to mileage (it
was at about 35-36,000).

a cracked head was causing running issues, and a bent lower A-arm was
caught at the same time. rather than the almost $1000 in repairs, it
was $190 for the deductible and uncovered parts. then, when a bad
injector completely filled the cylander with fuel as it was running on
my way home after picking the truck up, a bent connecting rod was taken
care of on their tab, too.

that more than paid for it right there - it was almost $3k total that
was covered there. in addition to a few fuel sending unit problems and
some other little random stuff.

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>