Re: Re: Wonderful Ebay item! Must have!

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 10:54:55 EDT

Although this does beg the question:
Is it possible to make a non-engine powered blower of any type work?
how big of a leaf blower or electric motor would you need? Would one of
those backpack blowers be enough? What about a "compressor assisted
nitrous shot"...a timed release of compressed air (or O2) along with a
nitrous kit?? Propane or some other gaseous fuel injection (I've heard
of that before)
  One time I drove a Jeep almost 10 miles on propane out of a BBQ
cylinder with a rubber hose routed into the air-cleaner. My valve was
my throttle and it ran like do-doo but it got me home.... Supposedly
the busses in my town are now LP, and I saw my first E-85 gas pump on
the way home Sunday... it makes you [me] wonder.
  On a related note, I have seen an Army Deuce and a half run on every
type of liquid fuel we could pour into it... How would one go about
modifying a more modern motor to have that ability? What would you
have to start with? I would assume a diesel engine, but where do yo
uget the multi-fuel capacity from? Variable injectors? I guess
that's enough rambling...

>>> ttroidl@bluefrognet.net 09/08/03 10:26PM >>>

Screw that little electric blower, hook in a nice 46cc Gas leaf
blower!

 you could route the starter rope into the cab along with kill switch..
when
you need a boost yank the cord and hold on!

(yeah rite)

Tony.