Re: Re: Re: Wonderful Ebay item! Must have!

From: Tom Houlton (thoulton@lanl.gov)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 13:06:18 EDT

At 09:54 AM 9/11/03, you wrote:

>Although this does beg the question:
>Is it possible to make a non-engine powered blower of any type work?
>how big of a leaf blower or electric motor would you need? Would one of
>those backpack blowers be enough? What about a "compressor assisted
>nitrous shot"...a timed release of compressed air (or O2) along with a
>nitrous kit?? Propane or some other gaseous fuel injection (I've heard
>of that before)
> One time I drove a Jeep almost 10 miles on propane out of a BBQ
>cylinder with a rubber hose routed into the air-cleaner. My valve was
>my throttle and it ran like do-doo but it got me home.... Supposedly
>the busses in my town are now LP, and I saw my first E-85 gas pump on
>the way home Sunday... it makes you [me] wonder.
> On a related note, I have seen an Army Deuce and a half run on every
>type of liquid fuel we could pour into it... How would one go about
>modifying a more modern motor to have that ability? What would you
>have to start with? I would assume a diesel engine, but where do yo
>uget the multi-fuel capacity from? Variable injectors? I guess
>that's enough rambling...

  I have one of those under powered 4 banger Toyota RV's and have tried
almost everything but a tow bar hooked to the front to help pull the
mountains --one thing I did with a little success was to force feed some
air with a blower from ATTWOOD industries,(approx 200cfm) ,a K&N filter, a
4" PVC elbow,and some mod's to the filter
box. http://www.marine.com/pages/64951.tam
  Don't know if it'll help anything with a bigger engine -