RE: tonneau recommendations

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 13:03:05 EDT

Hey Jim!

I have been running the same Extang soft tonneau cover since 1993 (now
called the Platinum Classic). Over 350,000 miles later, it still performs
great! The off-center snaps allow you to adjust the tension of the tonneau
(weather related). Just simply unsnap, roll, and flex out the supports -
bingo! Now you can carry what you need.

I too have the Line-X over-the-rails. The frame uses a pinching clamp by
tightening a socket-head cap screw. I only removed the frame once, and that
is when I move it over to my '01. It has withstood the test of time. I'm
very happy with it and the manufacturer.

Do not use Armor All on the tonneau (of on your IP for that matter). It
tightens the material making it very difficult to snap. Use the product
Tonneau Tonic (also through Extang) to achieve a like-new look. It's great
stuff!

FYI...I gained 1.5mpg with my '92 with this baby. My cover has been paid for
a long time! Around 1mpg with the '01. Those number were strictly highway
based before-after, same conditions & speeds.

http://www.extang.com

Check 'em out!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1 - 95,200mi!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU