Re: Belly Pan Gasket Problem??

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 21:15:35 EDT

Frank,
  Thanks! for the websites. I'm going to really look things over before I
decided whether or not I want to attempt this myself. Any info/tips you
have after you complete the job would be great!! There's always those
little snags that others forget to mention in their write-ups. That's
usually what costs the most time and causes the most frustration.
Good luck!!!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6

It sounds like the intake manifold plenum (belly pan) gasket.
How's your oil consumption?

I have a '95 Dakota with the 5.2 Liter engine. It seems to have the
plenum gasket manifold leak. It has been using 1 quart of oil per 1000
miles for quite some time now. I took off the throttle body and there
isn't a puddle of oil at the bottom of the manifold, but it is wet
around the gasket edges and there is a lot of dust on the bottom where
it stuck to the damp surface. My throttle body wasn't as wet as yours.

I'm planning on changing my plenum pan gasket this weekend.
The complete set of gaskets from the dealer was $100.

Thanks for the help,

    E Frank Ball efball@efball.com
    work: (707) 794-4168 home: (707) 538-3693

--

E Frank Ball frankb@efball.com

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963