Re: Tire rub new poster

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 18:36:47 EDT

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:31:32 -0400, FFastje@aol.com wrote:

>Well hello all new to the the list but i have been reading the list for a few weeks and really like all the knowledge you all seem to have about the daks.I do have a question to ask if any one can help it would be appreciated. The front tires seem to rub the frame when turning. They are goodyear wrangler AT/S 31X10.5OR15LT been in for service multiple times no one ever said anything about the rub. Seems to be worse in 4 wheel drive. Are the tires wrong they came with the truck?
>also the idle is a little erratic changed plugs, air filter and pcv. to no avail. thanks again for any help. I will makethe posts shorter next time.

As for the idle problem, try running a bottle of Techron fuel system
cleaner through it. You may just have dirty fuel injectors.

As far as the rubbing is concerned, you should have that problem with
31x10.5x15s in a 4x4. I have the same size tires on my 2000 CC 4x4
and don't have any rub with the wheels fully turned in either
direction. Is the tire actually rubbing on the frame, or just on some
of the plastic trim/shielding that you might be able to cut a small
piece of away?

-Bill