Re: RE: 97 to 98 difference in headers

From: Ron Sobers (ron@rsx1.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 06:33:51 EDT

    Well here's the thing - a guy at work just ordered a set of Summit
headers for his 97 Dakota from Summit for $159 plus $24 shipping, he could
have also picked up a set of Pacesetter headers for about the same price.
But for a 98, I get to pick from JBA at $460, or Gibson at $360. I could
care less how pretty it looks, pretty doesn't make it go faster - ay least
not in my book. I want my truck to be quick, better mileage, and still
retain it towing ability, and mild off roading....... chrome plated headers
do not do any of these things. All that I can see as difference is a name
and chrome as being the difference.
    I am thinking of dropping a set of the Summit headers on my 68 Dart GT -
since A-Body frame headers have always been junk since they hang below the
tie rods, speed bumps kill them unless you turn the front way up.

~Ron .... Denver, CO
ICQ#26868681
WWW.RSX1.com

'67 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible (For Sale)
'68 Dodge Dart GT
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z (Parting)
'89 Shelby CSX-VNT #007
'98 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4