Re: RE: 180 T-stat, revisited (Canadian)

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 18:18:06 EDT

Thanks for the advice guys, but I went back to Canadian Tire today and
looked at all 3 of them and they are made in Israel :-o
I think I'll stick with a 180* Stant Superstat.

Jay

> The small vent hole helps get rid of air pockets (also helps a little
> bit on initial fill).
>
> You can use either one but you'd be better off with the standard t'stat.
> Unless you have a high-flow water pump, the high-flow t'stat isn't going
> to do a whole lot more for ya.
>
> - Bernd

I'd have recommended the fail-safe.. it's got the hole for the air pockets,
and they're designed that in the event of failure.. they stick open instead
of closed.
Aaron Wyse