Re: Re: retrieving codes from a 99...

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 23:52:26 EDT

No, it doesn't. I'v tried both ways many times with no result. Unless it's
possible the check engine light can be lit without any codes. But I'm not
even getting the P Done thing. It does all the nifty needle tricks and the
odo says Check and then does some other stuff, but no codes.

>From: Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: Re: DML: Re: retrieving codes from a 99...
>Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:41:20 -0700
>

>On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:51:49 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh
>Battles") wrote:
>
> >Don't lie. =P My 2k will let me pull the codes with the on-of trick.
> >However, since I've gotten the superchips thing, it's got a scanner in
>it...
> >I don't have to use that little "trick" anymore.
>
>Should also do the test when you start with the key in the "off"
>position, hold down the trip meter reset button, and then turn the key
>to the "on" position. It also does a nifty looking test of all of the
>gauges :-)
>
>I haven't retrieved codes this way, but it does the "P-Done" display
>in the odometer at the very end, so I'm assuming that the codes will
>show up before that.
>
>-Bill

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon