Re: Dual-remote oil filtration system

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 14:47:24 EDT

My biggest complaint about amsoil is they usually never have any rating
that they meet. HTey claim they meet or exceed certain ratings but
there are not many that they have been tested for. It used to be on the
website this was due to the testing process costing alot of money for
confusing and out of date testing proceedures (I know I read it there
three years ago) and getting the different ratings would drive the cost
of the product up.

I know I would rather have the rating there in front of me and be able
to prove my oil meets the rating specified than show them that they say
it does. If I remember right amsoil isn't the cheapest stuff to buy
anyway.

All I know is I use mobile 1 in my truck and mobile delvac 1 in my two
diesel cars. Never had any problems due to wear in either.

Jeff

ps. The amsoil stuff I mentioned may be old info but it used to be on
the website a few years back. I have also been given this same argument
by a couple of dealers that I know. I am not saying amsoil is a bad
product but i prefer what I can prove then what I cannot.