Re: Updates.

From: Wayne Allewelt (wallewelt@mai-aec.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 15:27:03 EDT

Michael,

I have a 01 4.7 4x4 QC and the highest i've seen around town is 13 mpg and
that's on 87 pump gas and driving like grandma, which drove me crazy. The
experiment i'm trying right now is running higher octane gas. This past fill
up I put 4.5 gal of 110 octane unleaded and the rest with 92 octane. I did
this to help clean the fuel system for one and see if it gave the truck a
little more ummpf. It has given it a little more go, especially from a
rolling start. I won't know about the mileage till the end of the week. I'll
keep you informed. I bet you all are saying that it would be cheaper to put
in some fuel injector cleaner. I've done that and my mileage/performance
didn't show any noticable diff. at all. So I thought i'd throw in the moer
expensive stuff, what the hell the QC is worth it.

Wayne
01 QC Sport 4x4 V8