UPDATE: Tire & Shock Upgrade for '00 QC 4x4

From: John Bell (john_bell_2@hushmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 22:02:43 EDT

OK, for you folks out there running 2000+ QC 4x4 machines, I have some good
news and better news ;-)

It turns out that Monroe -does- make the Monroe Reflex for our application.
Part numbers (as I recall from memory, will confirm) are 911034 for the
fronts and 911140 for the rears (I may have those switched - put it this
way, the larger of the two goes on the rear mounts).

It just so happens that I picked up my truck today after having the Reflexes
put on. All I can say is...

WOW

I mean, WOW

Usually when I put new shocks on a vehicle, I say "hmm, yeah, that's better
than it used to be", but not with these. The Dak is a totally different
animal now. Night and Day different. Take-drugs-to-keep-from-hollerin'
different ;-). Nothing phases my truck now, it's planted like a tree.

Couple this with the brake maintenance I had done, plus the Bridgestone
Dueler A/T Revos (which is the other good news, these tires ROCK on my Dak),
and my truck is ready to take on rain/mud/sand/pavement/you-name-it.

So, those of you looking for new tires: get the Revos
For new shocks: get the Monroe Reflex

BTW, I decided to do all this maintenance at 42k miles. The stock Goodyear
tires were junk by then, and the factory shocks were dead as a post. Not to
mention that the front brakes were tired. I do a lot of stop-n-go driving,
with the occasional mud pit thrown in when weather permits. This type of
driving is -really- hard on my Dak, and it showed. I'm very glad I had all
this work done when I did.

Guess I need to work up a profile for the DML web site... that'll keep me
occupied for a while.

Have fun,

--
JB