RE: Dual-remote oil filtration system

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 11:52:37 EDT

<snip>
"Amsoil is the ONLY oil manuf. who guarantees their oil to the point that
they will pay for any oil related failure if you are using their product."-
alright, show us complaints against AMSOIL, and AMSOIL's response. how many
times has AMSOIL denied repairs? was it because of another reason, or did
AMSOIL find another reason to deny it?
<unsnip>

Good question, but one I do not have an answer for. Give me a couple of days
though and I will find the answer

<snip>
my laptop has a 3 year guarantee on it, but if i drop it, and break the
screen, i'm S.O.L.!
<unsnip>

That is an extremely poor example to use and not even worth trying to bring
back into the context of the discussion. You have a warranty on your truck
as well but we all know how far into the claim you will get if you wrap it
around a pole and try to get it repaired under warranty.

<snip>
i used to use Mobil 1, i now use Castrol Syntec (it was $1.00 less per quart
last week). they perform well, and for the protection, i prefer changing my
oil once every 5,000 miles (6 months) over the extended period with AMSOIL.
sorry, i just don't buy into their fluffy marketing and advertisement.
<unsnip>

Good for you. As I stated previously, I too use Mobil 1. In fact, I use it
in all three of my vehicles. If you don't believe the marketing, that's
fine, but I hope you have something concrete to back it up with. Oil
analysis is your friend and it's really tough to argue the results.

John