RE: Dual-remote oil filtration system

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 11:46:34 EDT

<snip>
where's your proof that Porche or Ferrari were cutting costs and chose to go
with Mobil 1 because it was the "less expensive" synthetic oil??? there is
none!
<unsnip>

You want proof that there are cost cutting measures at Porsche and Ferrari?
Call up their marketing departments. Show me one single auto manufacturer
that turns out more than 5 cars a year that isn't concerned with cost.
Everyone is concerned with cost otherwise they would spend themselves right
out of business. The old adage is, count your pennies and the dollars will
take care of themselves. If you can save just a couple of dollars on an
initial oil fill, which is generally recommended to be changed early, that's
money in your pocket.

<snip>
if a manufacturer is going to risk shelling out thousands of dollars
repairing oil-related failure, then the bean counters have failed. if the
"bean counters control," then by using Mobil 1, it must be the most cost
effective oil for their performance cars.
<unsnip>

You just hit the nail on the head. Cost effective. Mobil 1 is the most
successfully marketed motor oil on the planet today. If a car manufacturer
can state they use Mobil 1 as their factory fill, it enhances their, as
Bernd stated, "Marketing Fluff", and gives the car a higher status FEEL to
the consumer. Because of that, sales go up and the bean counters have
actually won. I never said Mobil 1 is bad oil or will lead to an engine
failure. Hell, I run the stuff myself and have for the past 115,000 miles,
but I don't believe it to be the best. It's simply the most widely available
and easiest to purchase of the top tier motor oils available.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html