Re: Can't disengage 4wd

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 19:40:09 EDT

I had trouble like that in my 2nd 92. The key for me was to put it in drive
and get up to about 5mph, then put it in neutral (while rolling) and push
forward on the lever until it popped out of 4H.

Hope this helps!

Brian
'99 CC 4x4 5.2L

>From: "Don Rey" <don.rey@uconn.edu>
>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: Can't disengage 4wd
>Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:37:36 -0400
>

>I hope I didnt break something!
>
>I'm having serious difficulty disengaging 4H in my 89 Dakota Convertible
>(automatic). I went to a local dirt road to give the transfer case a little
>massage today. It shifted into 4wd no problem, but now I can't shift out of
>it. I've tried driving in reverse, back to drive, etc. I even gave 4L a
>try.
>4L engaged and returned to 4H with no problems. But it still won't return
>2wd. Any suggestions? Does it sound like I broke the transfer case? I drove
>conservatively on the dirt road, never over 30mph (rarely over 20). Also,
>since the last time I used 4wd (successfully I might add), all I've done is
>an oil change and replaced the tires. Thanks in advance!!!
>
>Don
>74 Dart Sport 340
>89 Dakota Convertible 4x4
>www.pbase.com/radon220/mopars
>Connecticut

Try MSN Messenger 6.0 with integrated webcam functionality!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_webcam