Re: Loud Ticking

From: William Hall (abeercan@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 01:55:25 EDT

--- Pukeloser@aol.com wrote:
> check to
> see if you can feel any exhaust leaking around the
> area where the manifold
> meets the block, I suggest doing this with the motor
> as cold as possible as the
> manifold will heat up pretty quickly.
>
> John S

Another method that I was taught that seems kind of
weird is to use flour on top of the exh
manifolds/headers. It has a high burn temp so it can
take a few seconds of high temps. Mound the flour up
and pack it into the space on top of the exh ports.
Crank the engine, let it run for a few seconds then
turn it off. If there is a leak it will have "blown"
the flour out from where it was packed in. Works
99.9% of the time for finding exh leaks for me.

The other Will