Re: Re: OT: Yuppie SUVs WAS: Porsche vs. the "PIT"

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 02:19:15 EDT

I think the most amazing aspect of the H2's are the idiots that buy them. I
think 90% buy them because they're just trendy. Think about it.... Do you
need a 50k off road vehicle to get groceries and take your snot-nosed brats
to soccer practice??? Yeah, you can conquer the suburban jungle....but you
have to fill your tank in between trips.

If I were to lose my mind and buy a hummer, I sure as hell would get a
diesel, and not a gas engine. Even better, why screw around with a civilian
model when you can pick up a military model (slightly used) for the same
price??? And just think....I could actually do all the stuff you see in
the commercials, plus I could shoot my own tires out, then hop in and tear
off in persuit of my immaginary enemies!

Gary Hedlin

in article 71688F50-EB26-11D7-86DE-000A95E9F8F4@bellsouth.net, Jeff Durling