Re: OT: New Pacifica...

From: John Bell (john_bell_2@hushmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 00:43:55 EDT

Don't get the AWD Pacifica if y'all are in the market - AWD hooked up to
only 250lb-ft torque in a Pacifica w/ four people in it = GUTLESS :-P

Our boys at DC really screwed the pooch on the powerplant choice - a
Pacifica AWD can't even get out of its own way. Try driving it in Texas hill
country sometime, sounds like a sewing machine going up a hill with any kind
of load in it. People who spent less money on used Chevy Tahoes will laugh
at you as they fly by going uphill :-(.

And, thankfully no, I don't own one. And I'm not going to let my wife talk
me into one, either ;-).

--
JB

""Bill Day"" <billday@consolidated.net> wrote in message news:006f01c37ff3$13cd2da0$6259b0d8@bill... > > Well, our local community is having a Fall Festival this weekend and of > course the local auto stealerships put some autos in it.. The local Dodge > dealer put in one of their Pacificas, very nice looking vehicle, other than > looking like a cross between a minivan and cherokee it looks good. > > Thinking of slapping my truck into some mud(I can always find it) and try > and sneak my way into the the car show tomorrow.... 8-) There are usually > a few superbees, raodrunners and challengers there every year.. I even > remember a year where a gent jacked up an omni, stuck a 360 inti and used a > jeep drivetrain under the omni frame... was definitely different.. > > Dover MBNA 400 tomorrow... Go "Awesome Bill" from Dawsonville!!!! > > Bill Day > > billday@consolidated.net > AIM - BadManD73 > '95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red > http://www.dodgetruckworld.com/BadMan/ > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). > Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 9/1/03 >