RE: Some track updates

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 21:40:12 EDT

keep kicking ass!!!

Gabe Couriel

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Bob Tom
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 9:02 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Some track updates

The Toronto Motorsports Park (TMP) web site finally put
up the final standings of their 2003 bracket classes.
I got sole possession of 5th place in the Street ET class
(12 sec and up), finishing 3 round wins up on a guy that
I had been tied with for most of the season :-) I was
3 round wins shy of tying the 4th place '66 Mustang :-(
Mine was not only the only Dakota in the class but,
except for Jim Knox's '91, I cannot recall seeing another
Dakota racing at the track this season :-(

I went to TMP today for a non-points bracket race.
I thoroughly ticked off a Honda S2000 owner and his new
VTEC engine in time trial #2 when I not only got him at
the light (.596 vs .748) but ran away from him with a
14.598 to his 15.314. Wonder what he thinks of his
$43,000 - 47,000 CDN car now :-P

In time trial #4, I set a personal best of 14.29 :-) Completely
unexpected in the 72F (shade), 53% humidity, 29.6" barometric
pressure and 10 mph headwind.

The bummer was that I lost in elimination round #3 to a '99 or '00
Camaro with the Corvette engine when I was ahead of him and
approaching 5000 rpms in 3rd and OD came on by itself dropping
my rpms to 4000 :-( I got my best light of the day too
(.524 to his .576), knew that I could hold him off as I was
just getting the part of the rpm band where I begin making
my biggest power gains, and only had to worry about breaking out :-(
A win would have put me into the semis and a bit of prize money :-(

Still looking for 50F weather, 30" plus baro. pressure, low humidity,
and a tailwind wouldn't hurt :-) Pray for me, DMLers!

Bob