Re: 4.7L - first spark plug change?

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 21:29:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/2003 9:27:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
andy-dml@levyclan.us writes:

> I'm approaching the 12K mark on my truck and just curious what mileage
> people are changing their spark plugs on this engine. Any particular
> plug work better than another (like the 3923 for the V6/318/360)?

I changed mine at 19K on my '02 and they were toast. None of them were
gapped less than .046. I went to NGK 2262 plugs and they worked great. Noticeable
improvement at idle and it seemed to run better overall. Part of that may
have been because the factory plugs were shot.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'95 Dakota CC 4x2 - under construction
'03 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi Off-Road