Re: Toureg (yeah, it's OT)

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 14:12:32 EDT

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 12:34 PM, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> not all that surprising since it's the first year of a brand new
> model. even so, they're the only 'ute I'd consider owning right now.
>
> the cyanne has the wrong sheetmetal and a way wrong price. I also
> liked driving the Volvo XC90, Nissan Murano and my parents are loving
> their new-to-them '02 TrailBlazer... (silly bowtie) but I want low
> range (trailblazer) and ground clearance (none) and towing ability
> (trailblazer, xc90), and handling (murano, xc90).
>
> the Toureg bests my Dak in all of the above, and it will likely be
> coming with a stump pulling diesel next year, too. IIRC the engine
> they're considering is rated at 385/555 or something unreal like
> that....
>
> I'll just need to wait till I can get a used diesel so I won't feel
> bad about scratching it ;-) then it can be my daily driver and
> occasional offroader, and tow vehicle for the REAL toys.
>
> so jon, what's the combo to that safe in the barn? I think I need to
> make use of the Top Secret Steiger Formula For Success.
> --
> Michael Maskalans '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
> details here: <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>
> mobile.612.618.4652 campus.585.274.2246 fax.954.697.0487

VW diesels are great and VW has finally made it public, in a round
about way, that the V10 is in fact heading for the US next year (around
April). It's a pretty amazing design too since it's basically two
inline 5cyl. diesel engines that share a crank shaft. They are the same
inline diesel that are going into the Passat this fall.

I can say that I love the two VW vehicles that I have right now with
the TDI in them.

Jeff Durling