Re: Re: Mopar Performance A518

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 09:02:29 EDT

it's not a daily driver, so that won't be an issue. i would like od for a
few trips i do make. i've put about 4k miles in almost a year and half...
my 94 V6 is my daily driver... i'll have to check on if it is a rebuild.
it is right out of the MP catalog. a local dealer does 30% off on all mp
parts... so it makes prices very nice...

Mike K
94 SLT,CC,239,2wd,auto
95 Sport,RC,360,5-speed
http://www.hornok.com/zig

>From: "John Bell" <john_bell_2@hushmail.com>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: DML: Re: Mopar Performance A518
>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:52:26 -0500
>
>I think the "performance" A-518 is set up to bolt to a non-lockup torque
>converter, and already has a TransGo/TCI/Mopar shift kit installed.
>Probably
>has beefed up clutch packs as well. It's basically a modern Torqueflite
>727.
>
>That would bolt up to your engine nicely, but you'd probably want a lockup
>torque converter to help with mileage in daily driving (if you plan on
>doing
>that). Ask the dealer if that tranny is tuned/designed for a street/track
>application, and check my homework on the non-lockup vs. lockup torque
>converter requirement.
>
>Otherwise, $1400 is not a bad deal at all. Is it a rebuilt tranny?
>--
>JB
>
>""mike kulczycki"" <dakota1994@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > anyone out there know about this trans?? i can get one at a local
>dealer
> > for about $1400. i'm just wondering what it can handle and what makes
>it
> > "performance" trans... it may work well with my 360 5-speed. i would
>just
> > need a torque converter and ratchet shifter, then i'd be all set...
>will
> > the computer work correctly though?? or get a computer for a 95 auto...
> > the engine is probably pushing 400 hp max at the flywheel...
> > thanks..
> >
> > Mike K
> > 94 SLT,CC,239,2wd,auto
> > 95 Sport,RC,360,5-speed
> > http://www.hornok.com/zig

> > Share your photos without swamping your Inbox. Get Hotmail Extra
>Storage
> > today! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com