Hemi and SRT-10 Updates

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 19:46:14 EDT

All this talk about Hemi's and a few on the SRT-10...so I had to add a
few "things".

(1) Corporate SRT-10 rolled into the dealership today - WOW...hotrod
parts on it as well
(2) 10 of them will be at the dealership within the next few weeks for a
"kickoff"
(3) For those in the Austin area - they will be cruising around in the
Hill-Country and then at IH-35 and 183 - I'll keep you posted on the
delivery date

(4) Hemi engine caution: Check your heater hose fittings as the locks on
some of them are not activated from the production line - can blow the
heater hoses off (only on the firewall and mid-connection area
(5) God I'd hate to see aftermarket lifters for them - four of them are
connected by one piece of plastic (two cylinders) - basically the
retainer for the lifters
(6) Pistons are nothing close to a true "Hemi" (old-school models)
(7) Heads have plenty of room for growth (but not bad from the factory)
(8) Factory blocks already have the options for the new
"Multi-Displacement" Hemi's (coming out in 2005)

Otherwise...nothing new (or that I can talk about). ;)

- Bernd