Re: tow hitch

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 22:33:43 EDT

personal experience with U-haul.. gald you stopped her first...

Their largest box trailer(dual axle 6x12 is more than safe to run on a
bumper mounter ball.. I did it on my '91 4banger 5sp RC when I moved my
wife and me to CA for my stint in the Marines. I had no problem(other than
their elec brake falling apart in the wheel, causing some poor mileage).

A bumper is rated Class I for a 200lb tongue eight and a 2000lb max load.
These are safe numbers and can well be exceeded but better to follow.

When I went to U-haul I had a fight getting the trailer off of them because
they wanted to do a $300 hitch install on my truck where as I did not need
it. I did need the wiring harness adapter that can be picked up at almost
anywhere, Wal-Mart(K-Mart, farm supply, Auto stores) even carries them.

Unless you plan on hauling anything else with this hitch, IMHO, don't waste
your money..

Bill Day

billday@consolidated.net
AIM - BadManD73