Oil Consumption was:JBA header install

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 08:59:58 EDT

A quart every 3000 miles is not moderate consumption for a '98 Vintage engine. That's HIGH
consumption. I have 128K miles on my '98 5.2 and it does not consume enough oil between
4-4500 mile changes to show a difference on the stick. I'd be looking to find out where
that oil is going and correct it! First things that come to mind are belly pan gasket,
rings, valve guides or an external seal/gasket.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
suprising. A quart every 3000 miles? Thats moderate consumption. How
much did it use (if any) prior to the BBQ?
<unsnip>