Re: RE: Quality Not What It Should be?

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 22:12:55 EDT

I guess I'm the one of the few that are satisfied with the quality of my
truck I bought my 98 new, and the only two major repairs I had to make that
werent because of other people's screw-ups were the heater core about 2
years ago, and the AC condenser & evaporator this year.

If you really want to get technical, I've replaced my front pads & rotors 3
times, went through 4 sets of tires, replaced all four shocks once, and
replaced the fan belt and radiator hose once. But I classify these as
maintenence items, and when you see that I have 166,000 miles, you can see
why I feel i'm well within the norm.

--
Gary Hedlin
President

Gary's Wisdom- #216

-Don't Blame Me....I Voted for Nader!!! ""John Neff"" <jndneff@texas.net> wrote in message news:005301c38494$29b59c60$4c5aaacf@big... > > The heater core in my '98 Dak was leaking when I took delivery of it from the dealer. The > rear seal of the intake manifold was next. Both upper and lower ball joints followed as > did the intermediate shaft in the steering. Both tie rod ends were replaced, CD Player, > cab mount bolts, thermostat housing etc. I really cannot remember everything that went > wrong with my truck during the warranty period. Yes, the quality of this truck should have > been better. I was ready to trade it in when the thermostat housing was leaking as the > anti-freeze looked like it was coming from the head. I even found another truck I was > going to buy if the head gasket had ruptured. The only thing I can really say is that my > truck had a major teething period. Welcome to the world of the newer trucks :) > > John > http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html > > >There have been some recent posts detailing problems with Daks and > >Durangos that are only a few years old... which I find alarming..... much more but > snipped to save space >