RE: Quality Not What It Should be?

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 21:10:37 EDT

The heater core in my '98 Dak was leaking when I took delivery of it from the dealer. The
rear seal of the intake manifold was next. Both upper and lower ball joints followed as
did the intermediate shaft in the steering. Both tie rod ends were replaced, CD Player,
cab mount bolts, thermostat housing etc. I really cannot remember everything that went
wrong with my truck during the warranty period. Yes, the quality of this truck should have
been better. I was ready to trade it in when the thermostat housing was leaking as the
anti-freeze looked like it was coming from the head. I even found another truck I was
going to buy if the head gasket had ruptured. The only thing I can really say is that my
truck had a major teething period. Welcome to the world of the newer trucks :)

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

>There have been some recent posts detailing problems with Daks and
>Durangos that are only a few years old... which I find alarming..... much more but
snipped to save space