RE: HUGE electrical problems - need help ASAP

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 23:36:57 EDT

My Dads truck will now make a loud click of clunk whenever the battery
terminal was plugged on. almost as though the remote starter was sending a
signal to the starter which was making a clunk. as soon as I unplugged the
wiring harnesses to the remote starter and then plugged the battery terminal
in again the truck didn't make the loud clunk. Do you guys think we should
just have the truck towed and have the computer checked out?

I just got off the phone with a family member who had a remote starter
installed by a local shop. after six months it burn his computer and his
modules for power windows/locks and a few other misc stuff (in a loaded
Bonneville). he basically fixed what he had to and deals with no power
locks and a couple of other things.

anyone else having trouble with these systems?

Tim Althoff
www.yllwdkta.com